So we are two hours in and our numbers are growing! Posters and leaflets are being done, banners outside on the balcony with a flag. 25 people so far and recruiting more! Had our first person against us, shouting from outside but we kept our cool and wished him well – never going to change peoples opinions on this! Will – our media dude has rang everyone he can and local papers and some are on there way. Just had a group picture taken and we are off outside to leaflet now to catch people coming out of their lectures. Security are still at the door, meanwhile im trying to make the place domesticated – getting all homely, have a food table, stationary table……a mini library with dvds and books! There is a really good energy going on in the room, and everybody is up for it. Roll on – almost into our third hour!
- Film + Short update on outcomes of Birmingham University occupation
- Report on Free Gaza demo – 22/01/09
- Further Post-Occupation Statement
- ISM London issues declaration supporting student occupations for Gaza
- Wave of occupations sweeping English universities in solidarity with Gaza
- The Siege of Arts LR4 – Birmingham occupation ends
- Negotiations: Part 2
- Initial Responses From The University……
- 7 Hours In, and Thanks…..
- Petition Online